Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dear R,

I think you are psychically connected to my Blogger account because every time I pull up the New Post page, you abruptly wake up from your nap with an angry yell. So much time has passed in your concentrated little life, and I haven't recorded it. I actually don't feel too bad though because I've been savoring our days together. Although we have our rough patches, especially as you get more and more opinionated, while still not actually being able to vocalize said opinions--most of the time, I'm really enjoying this stage of your toddlerhood. You're still so much a baby in my eyes, and I feel a bit sad whenever I think about you getting older and more independent. I don't even want to think about the inevitability of being hated, once you hit your teens. Is there any way to avoid that? Every time I talk to your Nana--my mom--and consider my attitude toward her, I totally freak out, imagining myself at the receiving end of all that impatience and...

And there it is: Your angry waking yell. Time to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment